Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sentimental Sunday: A Young Affair





I first found Teshan Young in the 1900 census living about two doors up from my gggrand-uncle Silas Dickerson in Harrison County Texas. She and her husband Mose and their children. I was looking for more Dickerson's and Dixons going five pages up and back.
In 1920 I spotted her again when I was looking for Dickerson's. There is a Ida Dickerson living in the same household. This time Matthew is the head of the household and according to this census, Tishe Ann is the widowed mother and Ida is the 15 year old niece.
I wanted to make a connection because I have a tie to a Ida Alexander who is the daughter of my ggrandfather Charlie Dixon/Dickerson. I have been unsuccesful in finding a death certificate for Ida so that I could find out her mothers name. I am not sure that this is my Ida or that she had the Dickerson name. My Ida married Earnest Alexander. I have an oil lease signed by Ida Alexander and her husband Earnest in 1951. This tells me that a Death Certificate should be somewhere.


The picture above was found on the Texas Slave Narrative site:


http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ewyatt/_borders/Texas%20Slave%20Narratives/Texas%20Y/Young,%20Thesan.html


The search continues.....

No comments: