Friday, April 2, 2010

Honey Hush

Honey Hush by Ms Vicky


Sit'n on the front porch, minding my own business
When a friend of mine came by
What cha' doin she said sitting out here by your lonesome
You look like you bout to cry

Oh I am fine I told her
I was just thinking
How it will be when I am grown
Will I pick up cans on the side of the road
Will I have to clean other peoples homes

Will I be the one to cry all night
Till my pillow gets soak’n wet
Worrying bout my children when things ain’t right
And the bills ain't been paid yet

Will I regret being married to a man
who changes like the wind
Stayin out all night reeking of wine, beer and gin
One who gets home in time for dinner
Then back out again

And then she said “Honey Hush”

1 comment:

Luckie said...

Friend said "Honey Hush" because if she'd lived any time, she knew your reflections held lots of unspoken truth...

Loved the poem Ms. V.

Luckie.