Sunday, November 15, 2009

Why Mariah's Zepher

Mariah is my elusive gg-grandmother and Zepher is my mother, Mariah's g-granddaughter. It is amazing to me that both names have a little to do with the wind. There was a song "They Called The Wind Mariah", and Zepher is a known as a gentle breeze.

Mariah the wind I imagine is all over the place. That's probably why I can't find my gg grand on the 1870 and 1880 census. One day she will calm down and blow right into that page that I have overlooked, ease my mind, then watch me do a happy dance.

Now Zepher was something herself. A gentle lady who knew how to calm your nerves, made you laugh gently or laugh where your whole body would shake. Make no mistake though, she did not play when it came anyone taking advantage of her kids. She was then like a Nor'easter.

I started this blog in their honor. Mixing in a little Texas genealogy and history, a few funny stories as I go along as well as other tidbits.

2 comments:

geneabloggers said...

What a great blog and a great way to memorialize Mariah and Zepher!

I’ve added your site to the blog list at GeneaBloggers.

In addition, I’ve made sure your blog is listed in our search engine (http://www.geneabloggers.com/search-geneablogger-member-blogs/) so that it may be searched along with over 900 other genealogy blogs.

Finally, I will also highlight your blog in my weekly This Week’s New Genealogy Blogs post on Saturday, 13 March 2010.

Is there anything you need from us in terms of tech assistance or other advice? Check out the GeneaBloggers Welcome Wagon for lots of info: http://www.geneabloggers.com/about/. And if you need technical help, I run a tech blog for bloggers: http://fbbootcamp.blogspot.com

Cheers!

Thomas MacEntee
GeneaBloggers

Ms Vicky said...

much thanks as I grin happily